Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weeds, Weeds and More Weeds

Boys working hard

Today I am spending the day in the yard, weeding. My flowerbeds have gotten out of control this year. I fell behind early and have been playing catch up ever since. Then to top it off Mitch planted some grass seed to fill some bare spots and started running the sprinklers twice a day. Needless to say the seed hasn't grown, not even a little, but the weeds sure loved all that sunshine and water. Add in going on vacation...I'm hopelessly behind. The kids have started helping though and things are looking better. Uncle Toby is taking the boys to Birch Bay today, so before they can go they are weeding one flowerbed. There's lots of grumbling but they really want to go to the bay. The way I see it they are building character, Sam says weeding is a girl's job. Um...who put that idea in his head?

Here is a painful before picture:

Pretty bad huh? Here is after, it looks so nice. I wish I could have all of the flowerbeds look like this at the same time. I might need a landscaper for that though, just dreaming.

Well, I better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment