Friday, the first official day of summer vacation, we went to the Fairhaven sprinkler park with friends. The kids were so excited...when we got there we were met by this sign. The sprinklers aren't getting turned on this year until the 18th, due to budget cuts. Disappointment! They got over it fast though. The girls kept their suits on anyway and played and the boys found things to keep them busy. We had a nice picnic lunch. We'll just have to come back later in the summer to play in the sprinklers.
Will spent the morning with Uncle Toby shopping for a new hat (part of his birthday present was he got to pick out a hat). They met us at the park. Uncle Toby stayed for awhile and took the boys on a hike through the trails and creek. This made for a pretty relaxing afternoon for me. The girls kept themselves entertained and I actually got to sit and visit!
The girls were playing house and the table was the house. Notice all the bottles of sunscreen, they kept going "home" to lather up! We are talking layers and layers of sunscreen....girls, girls, girls.A very fun day with good friends. They even got to go to Jake and Levi's after the park to go in the sprinkler! I should have followed them home but decided I needed to stop and get Lucy new pacifiers and cups. Like I said I should have followed them home, we are talking the "quick a minute" stop from you know where (horrible traffic on the freeway (accident), Sydney with a bloody nose....). Anyway, that's a whole other story for a whole other time...


No comments:
Post a Comment