Friday, July 2, 2010

Strawberry Jam

My mom and I made strawberry jam this week. Nothing beats homemade jam. We do it the long way because my dad loves the foam from boiling it, so we scrape the foam and put it in a bowl just for him. The more foam the better. That's what his mom always did for him, and well he is the baby of the family and all. That's all we'll say about that. I do think the jam sets up better this way though, I am not a fan of runny jam.



While we were waiting for the boil, the reboil and the boil you can't stir down, "what you mean it's got to boil again?", cause you know the watch pot never boils, the boys played some pool.

Mom and I with the finished product...I do love my mom!

We are in desperate need of some sunshine. The kids were so excited this morning when they got up because it was sunny. They ran to put on their shorts and were talking about the slip and slide later today and within seconds the sky turned black. The sun disappeared. Back up for sweats for these guys. Summer where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment