Friday, July 9, 2010

Cherries anyone

My parents were in Leavenworth for the 4th. My cousin Tracy and her husband have a yurt up in the mountains there and they were having a BBQ for their 25th anniversary. Mitch had me call them while they were there to see if they could bring a couple of boxes of cherries home for us to can. Mom showed up Monday afternoon with a box of Rainier and a box of Bing. Now I had to can them. There easy but I just wasn't feeling it. I called my dad as I was getting started and everyone else was playing outside, "thanks a lot, now I'm stuck inside with the cherries." He just laughed at me. I didn't anticipate everyone getting into it like they did. It ended up being lots of fun with lots of help. The kids came in from outside Monday night and they all started stemming the cherries. Lucy made herself the designated jar filler and we couldn't keep up with her!

The Rainier's looked so pretty in the jars before we cooked them, love the color!

One exploded jar and just one jar that didn't seal later, the finished product. Cherries for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment