Monday, November 22, 2010

Worn Out Drab Plaid to Green Fab

before-the old worn out red plaid

the new-looks like it's straight out of a Ballard Design catalogue-I (heart) Ballard Design.

1 done

my helper-trying it out-see why it takes so long?

much better

I bought fabric to recover our worn out plaid dining chairs months ago. I've had the bar stools done for about a month or so. Just haven't been able to get motivated to do the rest. Now the pressure is on to git r done. We are hosting the holiday party for Mitch's office, this is a first. For one they have to all match. For two we need chairs that people will actually want to sit on...you know unstained. Mitch's mom graciously offered to take home two and finish them. She's a recovering pro. I finished the rest of them last night! Now I'm obsessive about the kids putting towels down...particularly a couple of them...we won't name names. The chairs look great, cheery, clean! They need to look that way at least through the party. The fabric looks great with what I'm thinking for decorations too. We are going to run with a sort of chic country Christmas theme. When we were talking about what we were going to do one night, I asked Mitch if he had any ideas at all, throw me a bone, I don't want to come across as the country bumpkins and all. He takes his share of grief over this once in a while from those B'ham city slickers. Mitch laughed and said he kind of wanted to embrace it. Alright it's decided Tater Tot casserole and dutch soup it is! Now all we need is a fresh layer of manure on the field across the street ( you know the kind where you go home smelling like it, think Seinfeld and the B.O. in the car) and a couple of mice to run through during the party. We're set. Seriously, I am looking for any great ideas from any of you hostesses with the mostest. We have decided to have most of it catered but I'm still looking for food ideas to suggest or a food theme. Any great must do recipes (appetizers, main course, dessert) out there? Send them my way. Oh, and no pork or shellfish. I promised I wouldn't stress out over this party, so any helpful hints are welcome.
Hope everyone is staying warm (it's 23 degrees!) and don't blow awaaaayyyyy.

2 comments:

  1. Totally Ballard Designs! I could spend a zillion dollars at BD too.
    I love the new look, you go you country bumpkin!

    ReplyDelete