Monday, September 27, 2010
potty talk
There has been a lot of potty talk in this house lately. But, we have officially turned a corner, that is Lucy has turned a corner. Potty training is well under way and she is doing fabulous! I hate potty training. I'm not good at it...I don't have the patience for it...it makes me crabby. It has been the one stage that frustrates me with all of the kids. Love this age, just not the potty training. With Lucy you just can't tell me she's not smart enough for this, it's all a control thing. I decided to give it a rest last week, we weren't getting anywhere. Battle of the wills. It was either stop trying or I was going to just let Sydney do the potty training. She's better at it than me. I can admit it. I went and bought the big box of diapers. That was Monday, go figure, Thursday she decided to really give it a whirl. We were cleaning the bathrooms Thursday morning and Sydney decided to break out the potty chair again. She kept asking Lucy if she wanted to try and Lucy finally broke, Sydney "read" her books, she tried and she was successful. So I decided to run with it. We hit it hard Thursday. Lucy was frustrated at times and didn't want to try but she did and she did great. Lucy was absolutely exhausted/wiped/pooped (you get the idea) by the end of the day, so was I. Friday was another great day. She has woken up the last three mornings dry, I mean bone dry!! She goes and then can't wait to get her undies on. She is so proud of herself! Over the weekend we weren't having to remind her as much, she tells us when she needs to go. It's awfully cute, she gets this surprised look and says "oh, I got to pee." Number 2 (sorry, it's where we are at) is even going well. Daddy told her if she went in the potty he'd buy her a pony...a my little pony. She can't wait to go pick out her pony...she wants one with a rainbow on it. I'm sure there will still be a few accidents along the way but Lucy is officially a BIG GIRL! She even seems older, she's acting more grown up, she's just so doggone proud of herself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to hear things are going well...thanks for your comment on my blog - I will leave the cookbook in your box this week sometime...thanks so much :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! This is huge.....no more diapers. :)
ReplyDelete