Monday, September 6, 2010

"Hair Things"

While we were school shopping Sydney kept looking for "hair things". Specifically "hair things" to match her first day of school outfit. She wasn't finding what she was looking for and I kept saying we'll just wait. Then she said "let's make some mom". She was pretty insistent that we make some. She loved her idea. Okay we can give that a try. So on the boys' first day of school Sydney, Lucy, Nana, Grandma and I went to Joann to look for materials. Sydney and I had fun putting a few together. Will even helped, he was fascinated with the glue gun. "I didn't know we had one of these mom." He insisted on being the glue guy. They all seemed impressed that I could sew on a button. Nope, I don't sew. Not even a little bit. Wish I did though. I might have to learn yet. Sydney is hoping Grandma will teach her. I don't sew but I can manage a button. This is endless!!
Here are our finished products:

We even made a few for Emmy and used them to decorate her birthday present, it looked cute:

Sydney loves crafts...I think she's got the crafty bug...she's hooked. Great idea Sydney!

1 comment: