Wednesday was Sydney's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited, eager, and a little nervous too.
This look pretty much sums it up...there is a lot going through that little head right there.
She knows a lot of kids in her class already which makes it all that much easier. Having her cousin Eli with her is fun too. They're going to look out for each other you know.Sydney was up and dressed in minutes, ready to go with a half an hour to spare. Backpack was on too and she was not taking it off. She wanted to ride the bus but I convinced her to let me take her on the first day...sheesh. The boys decided to ride the bus at the last minute, so Sydney was so worried we were going to be late. While getting ready she asked me, "What if my teacher asks me what 4 + 4 is?" Oh Sydney, I don't think your teacher is going to make you do much work today, you'll probably find out what kindergarten is all about. Plus, I don't think you are going to need to know 4 + 4 in kindergarten. Then she says, "But what if I forget one of the letters in my name?" If there is one thing she knows it's how to spell her name. I of course reassured her that if she forgets a letter it would be just fine. So what did Sydney do? She came home with her first paper and her name is spelled backwards and she forgot the "e"! She has NEVER done that before. It looked like this yndyS. Well that just takes talent. Mitch blames me. He says I've past down my test anxiety...fear of failure...first day jitters. We had a good laugh, we decided not even to show Sydney her backwards name. She had a great first day. She loves recess! She is back for day 2 today. Can't wait to hear about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment