Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The "Chuter"

This would be the "chuter"...

...yep, the door that leads to the laundry chute. The door itself is an attention getter. Everyone always has to find out what's behind that mysterious little door. Everyone around here just calls it the chuter..."put your clothes down the chuter"...."go throw it in the chuter". I'm used to surprises at the other end of the chuter. For instance, I used to hear about every little "stweak", not anymore (sorry boys). Now I just get surprised on laundry day! I know, I know TMI (that's especially for you mom)! Oh, the joys of motherhood! However, lately there have been an increasing number of surprises found in the laundry chute....

...there can only be one little itty bitty person responsible for this...that's right you guessed it, Lucy! She has recently discovered the fun of the chuter. Even better, she can reach the handle and open it up. She is happy to throw your clothes down for you, along with anything and everything else. It's especially good if it makes a lot of clanking on the way down. The more noise the better! As long as she doesn't try to climb on in we're good....

2 comments:

  1. Totally made me smile! If we had one of those it'd be the same thing at this house too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a gambler, I would bet that at some point Lucy goes down the chuter...

    ReplyDelete