Thursday, November 19, 2009
126:3
Dinner is hectic at our house these days. Lucy is going through a won't sit down and eat phase. She also wants to climb on the table. Or she picks up her whole plate and wants to sit on our laps. Then Sydney tries to help and before you know it everyone is out of their seats. Well, we've been making Lucy stay in her seat and last night she wasn't having it, there were tears. A little less than relaxing. I know, I know it's a phase, this too shall pass. Amongst the tension, and in the middle of the chaos that was our family dinner Sydney blurts out "126 verse 3; The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. 126 verse 3" There was silence. Mitch and I looked at each other. We looked at Sydney in awe and couldn't help grinning from ear to ear. "Where did you learn that Sydney?" "At school today." "That is one of my very favorite verses Sydney." This is the child we can't get anything out of about what she learns at preschool. We wonder if she's paying much attention. And then she surprises us with this...just what we needed to hear in that moment. I give thanks for our children, our school, our teachers, and to God our Father for blessing us with these...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that is PRECIOUS!
ReplyDelete