Monday, August 23, 2010

Unlucky 13

Yesterday was Mitch and I's anniversary...13 years!! How did we spend our anniversary you may wonder. That would be taking me to the walk in clinic for strep throat. Yep, strep throat in August on our anniversary. Actually we went out for a really nice dinner Saturday night and the kids stayed over night with Grandpa and Grandma. I started feeling it a little bit Saturday. Swollen gland, a little bit of an upset stomach, just thought I was hungry and needed to eat. On our way home from dinner I was freezing. Sure enough I had a fever. It was all downhill from there. Sunday morning I woke up and said "I need to go to the Dr.". Me, being someone who always waits as long as possible before going to the Dr., Mitch thought he better take me seriously. So, we dropped off a few things off for the kids for church. They all ran out the front door to say hi. I think they were told to keep their distance. Sam says, "so you think you have strep throat mom". "Yep, I think I probably do, but if that's what it is they'll give me medicine and I'll be feeling better in no time." Sam says, "If it's not strep, what do you think it is? Arthritis or something?" I had to laugh at that one. Well it was definitely strep. So, in an attempt to keep everyone else strep free, the kids have remained at Grandpa and Grandma's. Since they were already there and all. We had a very quiet day yesterday. Me, lying around on the couch watching movies and sleeping. Mitch trying to keep his distance. The truth is it's not unlucky 13 at all. I couldn't be luckier! Mitch took such good care of me...kept asking if I needed anything...did laundry...I'd say I've got it pretty good.
Well the kids are still at Grandpa and Grandma's and are coming home after dinner. Sydney's asking to stay another night. Do they miss me at all? I miss them. It's been quiet around here. Too quiet. I've been here all by my lonesome all day. I think the antibiotics are kicking in. The fever's gone and my throat is starting to feel a little bit better. They say after 24 hours of being on antibiotics you're not contagious anymore. I'm crossing my fingers...
I'm so grateful for Grandpa and Grandma! Thank you! The kids were so excited to stay another night.
And that's the exciting story of how we spent our 13th wedding anniversary! For better or worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment