Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tulip Randomness

I love finding surprises in the yard! Last year these tulips did not bloom. This year they are the first to open and they're so pretty. I just might have to pick one, the temptation. I'm surprised Sydney hasn't picked one yet. I have another one that didn't bloom last year and it looks like it is going to be a really dark red...can't wait. My daffodils had a rough night with the hail and rain. Lots of them look they have fallen over. I think I might go out and pick some, nothing beats a fresh new bouquet in the house. I get so excited this time of year for planting and gardening. The girls and I planted strawberries last weekend...we are counting on a bountiful crop. Sydney has big plans for a strawberry pie. As far as my flower pots go I'm starting to think about what to do this year. I'm toying with white, I did all white one year and it still remains my favorite. But purples keep catching my eye too...maybe a little of both. Oh the decisions! As you can tell I put a lot of thought into this. Actually I get obsessive over it. What can I say I can't help myself. I blame my mom, this gene came from her. The love of all things flowers that is. I will say she's more relaxed/carefree about it all than me though. Now to stop daydreaming and get some things done already. I still need to clean up lunch, get some laundry done....and I better do it all quick so I can get Lucy up from her nap...otherwise she'll be up until 10:45 again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment