Friday, March 12, 2010

A Piece of History

I found this piece of pottery in the flowerbed when I was weeding. It was right by where Mitch had been digging for a new fence post. I was kind of excited. I dug up my very own treasure! The boys were impressed. I have no idea if it is old or not...could be. Our house was built in 1924 (and I don't know what was here before) so it could be a piece of a dish, vase or pottery from another era....or it could be just a broken piece of a flower pot. I like to think it is old and whatever it did come from looks to have been pretty. Reminds me of a lot of the dishes, bowls, pottery we would see on the old plantations we visited in the South. I loved wandering around those places, you could just feel the history and imagine what life was like. At times I do think I was born in the wrong time period.
Oh and I must have the South on the brain because tonight for dinner we're having Creole Red Snapper, dirty rice and green beans. Mmmm.....I'm getting hungry. Just might have to add some corn bread too. No collard greens though, just can't go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment