Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Run Hannah Run


My sister-in-law Anya has talked me into running, well more accurately running/walking, the Chuckanut Foot Race (7 miles). I am not a runner, more specifically not a distance runner. I haven't ran a timed mile since high school and haven't done any significant running since my first year of college. I have said I was going to start many times but fizzle out after about a week. But she's talked me into it. I always do better with a buddy anyway. So given my track record Mitch is dubious if I can stick to it. Friday night my brother was also giving us a hard time so that's all it took for us to say we were in, signing up. We'll show them! Saturday morning we got up at 6:30 to run. Yep, 6:30 am on a Saturday morning, we are serious. We decided to do Mitch's regular route which is about 3 miles. Anya asked if there were any dogs along the way we needed to worry about. He assured us we'd be fine. It was a beautiful morning and we decided to see what we could do. Anya got to my house and looked down at my feet and said, "you're not going to run in those are you"? I guess I was pretty desperate for some decent shoes. We were off and doing quite well I must say. We didn't have any dogs to worry about but a cow decided to chase us. Seriously, this cow was trying to jump the barbed wire and was kicking it's foot, snorting, charging and throwing it's head around. This heifer didn't like us. It followed us the length of the fence. It made for a good laugh. Anyway we ran about 2 of the 3 miles...not bad! I bought myself some new running shoes yesterday. We are both registered for the race. We are in too deep. There's no turning back now...wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment