This morning Sydney came to me with a rubber band and a clip and asked me to comb her hair. I put in a ponytail and clipped her bangs back. About 5 minutes later she came running to me upset, "mom, you did a ponytail, I didn't want a ponytail". So I asked her what she wanted. She replied, "I want a bread". "Do you mean a braid", I asked. She replied, "No, you know, the bread thing". We went over these same questions several times, going in circles. Starting to lose my patience, I thought about it for a minute when the light came on. "Do you mean a bun?" She got all excited, "yes, the bread thing, a bun"! Okay now that we are all on the same page...silly girl.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
The Bread Thing
This morning Sydney came to me with a rubber band and a clip and asked me to comb her hair. I put in a ponytail and clipped her bangs back. About 5 minutes later she came running to me upset, "mom, you did a ponytail, I didn't want a ponytail". So I asked her what she wanted. She replied, "I want a bread". "Do you mean a braid", I asked. She replied, "No, you know, the bread thing". We went over these same questions several times, going in circles. Starting to lose my patience, I thought about it for a minute when the light came on. "Do you mean a bun?" She got all excited, "yes, the bread thing, a bun"! Okay now that we are all on the same page...silly girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment