
Country living at it's best. This is a picture of the field across the road from us. Last week they did the first cutting of the season. I really love this field and it's openness in front of our house...spectacular sunsets. The kids love to watch the tractors. I thought the different greens looked so pretty after it was cut...and it smelled so fresh....until yesterday. Sydney and Eli spotted the
big tractor coming and it had some kind of really
big hose. Eli wanted to know what they were going to do, so they decided to watch and find out.

It didn't take long and the pungent, rank, ripe, powerful smell started permeating the air. "What is that Auntie Hannah?" It's so close and so strong the smell stays in your nose, even burns a little. The field isn't looking too pretty right now either...kind of brown. I think our house just stinks, even with the windows closed. The boys were trying to decide if they smelled like manure as they were waiting for the bus, taking turns smelling each other. I was giving Mitch a hard time this morning telling him he was probably going to work (in Bellingham) with a hint of manure. That is something he would never live down! Ahh...it's good for us right...and this too shall pass. I bet the air will begin to clear by this afternoon...
I always say I'd rather smell the you know what in the fields behind us than have more houses, noise, people and cars.
ReplyDeleteYou did get me to wondering if others can smell it on me!