What did you do yesterday? I spent my day at the Vancouver Zoo with a herd of 63 second graders, a pride of 3 teachers and a whole gaggle of moms...Sam's field trip. I don't think I had been their since my second grade field trip. Way back then it was called the Vancouver Game Farm...1985 maybe? I can still picture my class picture taken there. I'm pretty sure it's the one my brother-in- law, Toby, has his fingers in his nose about as far as they can go, and his mom is standing somewhere behind him in the picture. Remember that one Toby? Well, the kids had fun, learned a lot, and the weather held out for us. What a smart group of second graders! Must be those wonderful teachers. I was impressed...the guide could not stump this group. Sam was obsessed with taking pictures and I think we have more pictures from this field trip than we have of our last family vacation. The kids were split into groups of 4-5 each with a parent leader and most with more parents tagging along. Sam's group called themselves the "Awesome Animals". Sam was so excited that I came along...how many more years do I have left of that? Better enjoy it now!
I was surprised how close the giraffes can get to you.
Sam's doing his report on the black Jaguar, so he had to have his picture taken with it of course.

Sam's doing his report on the black Jaguar, so he had to have his picture taken with it of course.
Train Ride
Thanks for a fabulous day second graders and teachers. Thanks for asking me to come Sam...I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Can't wait to go back next year with Will.








No comments:
Post a Comment