Thursday, October 27, 2011

Winthrop-A Whole Lotta Hot Air

 In August my mom's side of the family went to Winthrop.  Mitch wasn't able to go but I decided to rent a cabin and take the kids anyway.  Why not?  One last hurrah before school.  We sure are glad we didn't miss this one.  We had so much fun.  Let me tell you this is quite the crew.  I'm guessing there was probably around 40 of us.  This year will forever be remembered for the infamous 4 hour rafting tour.  I'm pretty sure we'll never get my dad in a raft in the river again.  Then there was Peter, Paul and Mary-you'd have to ask my Uncle Duane about that one.  Oh did we have lots of laughs.  The kids were so good, they had a blast and said it was one of their very favorite things they did all summer.



Dan played football with the boys, thank you Dan!  It was a win win.  Dan can't wait until his boys are old enough to play with him and the boys were missing having their dad along to play. 



This little guy was finding air soft BBs and taking his time lining them up.


Lots of people say he and Lucy look alike, it's got to be the cheeks.  You just want to squeeze!


A horse shoe pit provides hours upon hours of entertainment.  And the little guy with the stripes is a kick in the pants.  Such a character.   He was so fun to watch.
 

The boys met a friend, Roy, from Israel.  Remember camping and meeting friends?  It brought back many memories.  They played for hours.  From our campsite we could see the playground perfectly, so the kids could be there playing and we could still keep our eyes on them.  The boys seemed so old this trip, doing there own thing, hanging out.


While the boys were making friends the girls were making jewelry with Lauren.


They loved their necklaces, bracelets and headbands.  Chelsey is so prepared, majorly impressed with her collection of crafting supplies for camping.  Lucy loved her new jewelry so much she didn't want to take it off.  She wore that headband all day and night.

I mean she really didn't want to take it off and don't dare try touching it either.


Weird picture, but really cool.



The first morning I heard this noise that I just couldn't place.  When I finally got up people were talking about the hot air balloon that had flown over...I missed it.  The second morning I heard it again, woke the boys and went to check it out.  It flew right over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment