Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wind Damage


Last Wednesday's wind storm blew down a section of our fence, that knocked over the arbor, and shattered it.

Every year we've had at least one section of our fence blow down. None of the sections Mitch has fixed already have come down again though! This section looked more like a mini tornado blew through. This is an area that is generally pretty protected from the wind. It didn't just blow it over either. The fence section is actually facing the opposite direction, so the wind picked it up and completely flipped it over. That took a mighty wind! Now I want to try to save my climbing hydrangea. One side is mostly intact and I think I can save it...I just need a new arbor. The other side mostly snapped, but there are a few savable pieces. If anybody has any suggestions on a good place to look for a new arbor let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment