On a side note the boys helped out last night at the spaghetti dinner at church for Cadets. It was fun to see them in their gray shirts and yellow scarfs working so hard. Watching Will push the cart around asking people if they were done and picking up their dirty dishes was priceless. He did such a great job and that is really out of his comfort zone on so many levels. Sam, is so cute and generous, he came up asking if I needed him to get us anything else, because that's what they were there for, you know. He so happily went to get us ice cream and then came back asking again if we needed anything else. The poor boy did all this while wearing much too tight jeans I might add. His jeans in the dryer were all still pretty wet, I forgot to start it on time. He was left with one pair that he could barely and I mean barely button them. I had to button them for him and then they popped open a couple times. It was really quite comical. He's growing like crazy I tell you. He endured and he couldn't have been comfortable. Towards the end he came up to me and whispered he really had to go to the bathroom but didn't think he would be able to tuck his shirt back in and re button his pants. I told him not to worry about it and just leave his shirt out, oh was he ever relieved. Those jeans will NOT be going back in his drawer. My boys are growing up!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Dear Mr. Largent
On a side note the boys helped out last night at the spaghetti dinner at church for Cadets. It was fun to see them in their gray shirts and yellow scarfs working so hard. Watching Will push the cart around asking people if they were done and picking up their dirty dishes was priceless. He did such a great job and that is really out of his comfort zone on so many levels. Sam, is so cute and generous, he came up asking if I needed him to get us anything else, because that's what they were there for, you know. He so happily went to get us ice cream and then came back asking again if we needed anything else. The poor boy did all this while wearing much too tight jeans I might add. His jeans in the dryer were all still pretty wet, I forgot to start it on time. He was left with one pair that he could barely and I mean barely button them. I had to button them for him and then they popped open a couple times. It was really quite comical. He's growing like crazy I tell you. He endured and he couldn't have been comfortable. Towards the end he came up to me and whispered he really had to go to the bathroom but didn't think he would be able to tuck his shirt back in and re button his pants. I told him not to worry about it and just leave his shirt out, oh was he ever relieved. Those jeans will NOT be going back in his drawer. My boys are growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a world we live in, where a kid knows he can just look it up online and find out what he wants to know. Back in our day, you could find out that sort of thing at the library in a celebrity address book.
ReplyDeleteI loved Steve Largent! He's a great hero for kids and I hope you'll keep us posted on Steve's response.
ReplyDeleteOh and Adam, you're aging yourself...