Thursday, January 20, 2011
Going Grey
I have been wanting to paint our bedroom grey ever since I found fabric I thought was perfect for a pillow. That was many many months ago. Now I'm told that grey is the new neutral. It's true I'm seeing it everywhere. Mitch kept questioning my decision, "grey huh? Are you sure? Seems a little drab. " And who can blame him when all we see outside these days is grey. Monday was painting day. My MIL Cynthia and painting partner, came to help. She's a painting pro. I sent Mitch to Ace with a piece of fabric to match the grey. They matched it perfectly! It's warm, with brown undertones. When we started painting it wasn't looking so great. Next to the green of the room we were getting a little nervous. Two coats, two cans, one head injury and lots of little helpers later, I love it! It's exactly what I had in mind. I haven't hung anything back up on the walls yet, but it looks fresh.
It looks better in person. It looks great with the bathroom color and slate too.
The fabric that was the inspiration. Pillow made by my MIL Cynthia. She's talented. Actually all of our parents are talented. My dad made our bed and night stands. I'll have to do a post on the talents of our parents one of these days. What I really need to do is learn their trades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment