Monday, April 19, 2010

Norman the Gnome

At the rotary auction this weekend I was the lucky high bidder of a fun gardening basket. I was in desperate need of new gloves and had just told Mitch I wasn't going to do ANY more weeding until I had some new ones. Guess what was in the garden basket?

Now I'm telling him that these are just too pretty to use. His response is "oh please, that's what they're for." Well at least I'll be weeding in style. I was super excited because it also came with a watering can (I also needed, mine is broken), cute hat (Sydney put it on and said she was from Kettle Corn, Kansas), patio lights, hand rake and shovel and...wait for it.... a gnome. As I'm bidding on this Mitch is wondering what I am going to do with a gnome, of all things. Let me tell you, the gnome has paid for itself and has already provided hours of entertainment. He has been named Norman. The kids have decided that hide the gnome is a fascinating new game. It started with me hiding him and sending everyone looking. Then whoever found him got to hide him next. A perfect sunny Sunday afternoon activity. Who knows where Norman will pop up next...

So, come on over, let's see if you can find Norman!

No comments:

Post a Comment