First let me start off by saying I do not do well with vomit! So, before you even ask the question, yes I am a nurse, but this has always been a very weak spot for me. For those who know me well there was shock and surprise to find out I was even going into nursing. I am a bit like my father, we have a little
Monk in us. I've come along way, I really have. That leads me to my 3:15 wake up last night. Sam came in saying he threw up all over his bathroom. Oh man! He wasn't kidding. We are talking everywhere. Floor, walls, hall, door, cabinets, toilet, sink, carpet.... I looked at it and wondered how I was even going to get through the job ahead. I said a quick prayer for grace, patience and a strong stomach to get me through this situation. It must have worked because I only dry heaved once....which woke up Will. Will asked me if I was sick. I told him no it was Sam. Will is a bit like me, he took one look and turned around. Back in his bed, Sam on the top bunk threw up again, this time into a bowl. Will panicked. "Mom, I can't take the smell, I can't take the noise, what do I do?!!" So, I set him up on our bedroom floor. Oh yeah, Lucy had already woken up in the commotion. Mitch was trying to get her back to sleep in our bed, since the bathroom is right by her room. Sydney of course slept through it all, even the Little Green Machine, while I cleaned the carpet. Sweet Sam is apologizing from his room that I have to clean it all up. Horrible, horrible, horrible...I do not do well with vomit! I remember when I was young I used to feel like my mom was mad at us when this would happen....I totally, completely understand it now. She wasn't mad, she was just trying to hold it together, get through it, function, survive. Thank you mom!!
Well, on the brighter, lighter side Sam seems to be doing quite well today, hard to say what was going on. I had a great night out with my mom and Anya last night. Dinner and a movie...thanks for a fun night ladies. We definitely need to do it again! And you would have thought it was Christmas morning here this morning. Sydney woke up early, ran into our room saying "it's morning time, get up daddy, get up mommy, it's time for the Husky game." Sydney went with Mitch to the Husky football game today. Her first game with daddy! She could not wait to leave, she was so excited. She was dressed and ready to go . It was so hard for her to wait for after lunch to leave. She packed herself snacks, blankets, pillow and had it all by the door ready to go. I can't wait to find out what she thinks of it all.
I hear ya on that topic Hannah...I don't have kids yet...but I am going to have to say lots or prayers too...hopefully no one else got sick!!
ReplyDelete