Friday, October 2, 2009

Will's Buns

Hmmm...I don't know if he would approve of that title...
Anyway, I was going through the pictures I have taken recently and found these from a couple weeks ago. I meant to do a post with these and didn't get around to it. I just love the pictures so decided it was a retroactive post must. Will learned how to make Resurrection Buns in 1st grade at Easter. He loves to make them for us every once in awhile. When he gets it in his head he's just got to get baking. He does it all from memory.

First we make the dough in the bread machine. Then he rolls out the pieces.
Puts in a marshmallow, folds it up.

Brushes with melted butter.


Sprinkles with cinnamon and sugar.

The final touch is the sprinkles. Pink for girls. Blue for boys. Red for anybody. Then he bakes them at 350 for about 15 minutes or so. When you bite into them they are hollow...looks empty...just like the tomb. They are tasty. He even insisted on bringing a couple over to the neighbor girls Avery and Kenzie.
I just love his expressions in these pictures...priceless.

2 comments:

  1. As a teacher, this post warms my heart! I wonder how many of my students go home and try to recreate the Battle of Jericho? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so WILL! Blue, Pink, Red ...

    You are doing his future wife a favor by keeping him interested in the kitchen! Way to go MOM!

    ReplyDelete