Yes, yesterday was Mitch's Birthday and no I didn't forget....I promise. I momentarily forgot in the morning and yes he left without anyone wishing him a happy day. Right after he walked out the door Sam and I looked at each other and said, "uh oh, we forgot to say happy birthday". It was too late to catch him. So, we decided to call and leave a message on his voice mail. Apparently, he didn't get the message. We may have sung "happy birthday" to someone else in the office, I don't know. So, for those of you who have heard that I forgot Mitch's birthday I feel I need to speak in my own defense. I too deserve the right to a fair trial. I knew it was his birthday. We had celebrated on the weekend with his family. I had his present all ready to go and dinner planned. It was a chaotic morning. I had to get to Jury Duty, yes Jury Duty. Will was home sick. Sam was getting ready for school. I needed to get the girls ready and to two different places. I beg of you, please go easy on me. Oh, and since I parked at Mitch's office for Jury Duty I ran into his office to say happy birthday and made it to the courtroom in the nick of time. No, birthdays do not become insignificant at 34! Mitch is loved and celebrated! And don't feel to sorry for him I made him his favorite cherry pie, sticky sweet short ribs, garlic mashed potatoes and home canned green beans for dinner. Happy Happy Birthday!!!
Oh and I didn't get chosen from the Jury selection...I guess they didn't want me. No jurors needed for the rest of the week. Call back Sunday after 5 pm.
Here are a few pictures of dinner:




Okay, I admit the Mike and Ike's may have been a bit of a bribe for forgiveness.
Plea: Not Guilty
Verdict: Guilty or Not Guilty? You be the judge, or more accurately the jury.
NOT GUILTY - definitely. You deserve a Superwoman medal for pulling all that off!
ReplyDeleteNOT Guilty! A bit of a plea bargain but really you were swamped.
ReplyDeleteI'd allow anyone to forget my Bday for a dinner like the one you made for Mitch.
Oh and Happy Birthday Mitch!
Not Guilty...he's a big baby!! You rock Hannah!! Happy Birthday Mitch!
ReplyDelete