Monday, August 17, 2009

A Happy Birthday Indeed!

Mom's famous mud pie ice cream cake complete with the exact right number of candles of course.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a great birthday. Especially since my mom has been telling everyone I'm a year younger than I really am. I can go with that. Anyway we had a weekend of celebrations. Saturday night we had dinner at my parents. My cousin Tracy and her three girls happened to be visiting so they celebrated with us too. It was good to see them and catch up. Lots of laughs and the little kids were just entertaining us like never before. We had a great time!

Nicole and Sara playing Lincoln Logs with Sydney. I meant to get a picture of Tracy and all three girls together, but didn't get around to it. They look so cute together with their red and strawberry blond hair and I could hardly tell Sara and Brandi apart anymore they look so much alike these days.
If you want something to make you start feeling older. Brandi was a bell ringer in our wedding twelve years ago and now she is 15! To take it even further than that Noah and I were the flower girl and ring bearer in Tracy's wedding 24 years ago!

My lil' brother Noah and I. You just had to bring up the almost sliding into the ditch in the pickup all those years ago didn't ya. That really stuck with you! I had nearly forgotten all about it!

Dinner was delicious, as always mom, you went above and beyond. Salmon, oriental chicken salad, bread, and fruit.

Mom cutting the cake. Oops you got a little on your shirt there Momma Jean! It happens to the best of us. Will walked up to her tapped her on the arm and just pointed at the ice cream and walked away. Didn't say a word! It was kind of funny.
Sunday we went to Mitch's parents for lunch, another fantastic meal. Anytime I don't have to worry about "what's for dinner" is a treat!
A big thank you to everyone for such a great birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment