Monday, October 22, 2012

Until We Meet Again...

 Grandma at her 80th birthday party with Will 6 weeks old

Today we celebrate Grandma Margaret's life...90 years...wow!  Today we rejoice that she is home in heaven with Jesus!  We are blessed to be left with so many precious memories of Grandma. When I remember Grandma I will always think of pink peppermints, fried chicken, coleslaw, hide the egg, King's Corners (Grandma loved to play games), going out for lunch, beautiful geraniums, big hugs and kisses( whether you were ready for it or not).  Most importantly I will remember how she loved us. She loved us well. She was always there.   She never wanted to miss anything.  I will remember her laugh and how she walked into a room with such confidence.  Grandma was independent, wise, faithful, and courageous.  She lived through many losses and hardships, and her faith was unfaltering. Her greatest desire was that her family know her Lord and Savior.  Two days before she passed away she told us to "Tell them about God, so that we will meet again."  She was the strongest lady I have ever had the privilege to know.  I will miss you Grandma.  Until we meet again...

1 comment:

  1. We are sorry for your loss.
    Sounds like your grandma was one cool lady!
    I just love this picture of her and baby Will.
    The expression on her face is so loving.

    ReplyDelete