Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Bigger Now

Yesterday morning Lucy told me, "I'm bigger now". I replied, "I know Lucy, you get bigger everyday." She said, "No mom, I'm bigger now." "I'm going to throw my mimis (pacifiers) away." I said, "yep, you're going to throw them away when you turn 3 right?" (that's been our deal) Walking up to her bedroom she says, "I'm bigger now, I'm throwing them away!" She came back down the stairs with them and said, "Open the garbage." I did, she chucked them in, and that was that. She has only been able to have them in bed but she still really was attached at night time. Mostly she just wanted to know they were in bed with her, close by, just in case. She was all excited she wanted to call daddy and tell him. That didn't go quite so well. Daddy was on the other line and we had to leave a message. She was getting really frustrated that he wasn't responding/congratulating her. No response from his voice mail. Well he called us back a few minutes later and was so proud of her. I told her we could go to the museum store and she could pick out one of the Flatsy dolls she had her eye on. She even had to give the money to the lady herself, she thought she was SO big. We stopped at church to show grandma. Nana wasn't home, but we tried. She couldn't wait to tell Sam, Will and Sydney when they got home. Then she stopped talking about it altogether.
I was a little nervous how bedtime would go. She did not bring it up once! Not a word! Right before bed she laid on the floor and said, "I can't sleep". "Lucy, you haven't tried yet." Once in bed she was a little restless. Then Sam came down saying Lucy told him, "I can't sleep, I've got a problem...somebody won't lay with me." So I went to lay with her for awhile, still not one word about her pacifier. She fell asleep and that was that. This morning I told her "hurray for Lucy, I am so proud of you!" She won't even acknowledge it, not a word, doesn't want to talk about it. She's done with it. Lucy, you are definitely bigger now!!

1 comment:

  1. I was happy to be there for the BiG purchase.
    Let Lucy know that I've ordered more flatsy dolls, including slumber party and birthday party flatsy ;)

    ReplyDelete