Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crunchy Froggy Turds

The other day Lucy was sitting at the counter and asked, "Can I have some crunchy froggies?" I didn't know what crunchy froggies were. So she asked again and again getting a little more desperate each time. Finally she said, "You know Sam's crunchy froggies." I still didn't know. Then it was like a light bulb went on in her head, her eyes got really big, and she said, "The turds!" "The crunchy froggy turds!" That's when the light bulb went on for me...

"Do you mean Nerds?" Well, now that we're on the same page, life can go on.
*Reader Alert* If you are of the male gender you may just want to skip over this next part, as it deals a bit with a more female topic. Consider yourself warned anyway...sorry.
Yesterday morning I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed. Lucy tells me, "I get a band aid for you mom." "Oh Lucy that's okay, I don't need a band aid." I'm starting to think to myself did I cut my leg or something and not know it? Does she see something I don't? I turn around and Lucy is holding a pantyliner! "I got a band aid for you mom, do you need it?" "Thanks Lucy, but I don't need it." As I'm laughing hysterically.
And one Sydney funny to top off the day. This morning after the boys got on the bus I sat down next to Sydney. She was watching a cartoon. They had just counted to 100 by tens on the cartoon and she asked me how they do that. I turned to face her and started counting by tens, thinking we are having a good teaching moment. Sydney puts her hand on my cheek and says, "Oh mom, you have BAD BREATH. Did you brush your teeth or something?" So much for the teaching moment. It must be the Olive Garden I ate last night at Anya's surprise baby shower. We did comment on how the breadsticks seemed extra garlicky. Now I'm a little self conscious, do I dare leave the house? Out of the mouth of babes...just a few examples of those things that make us chuckle. It will be fun to look back on these moments.

1 comment:

  1. sooo fun! Two boys and two girls... how cool is that...I love your kids names too! And your girls will keep you entertained with their stories, suggestions and funny names for things !

    ReplyDelete