Friday Sydney had her much anticipated field trip to the pumpkin patch. She talked about it all week and kept asking if her field trip was "tomorrow". She kept reminding me that "teacher said she needed to wear old clothes and boots". I met Sydney's kindergarten class at Boxx Berry Farm after I finished playground duty for the 3rd and 4th graders. I missed the train ride but was there for the rest. It could not have been a more beautiful day for a field trip. Oh and they let the mom's pick a bouquet of dahlias too. Sydney helped with that of course, right up her alley. If there's a plant you like, you can tag it with pink tape, if it doesn't already have pink tape on it, then after it freezes they'll call you and you can come dig up the bulb and buy it. Kind of cool, you know exactly what you're getting. I'm thinking I'm going to need to plant some dahlias in my yard. They make such beautiful bouquets. Love the deep warm colors.
The pumpkin launching from the trebuchet. The target was the old outhouse behind the pumpkins. They missed but it was entertaining. Sydney forgot her sweatshirt and coat at school, she put them in her backpack because it was sunny. It was sunny but chilly. She was a little cold but she's tough.
The kids each got to pick a pumpkin, any one they wanted, with one rule...you have to be able to carry your own pumpkin. If you can carry it you can take it. Sydney picked a good one, just right.


No comments:
Post a Comment