Friday when my sister in law Anya was just leaving I thought I saw a mouse run around the corner in the kitchen. No, I'm sure it was just my imagination. You know the whole animal in the house thing of Lucy's rubbing off on me. After all we haven't had a mouse in the house since my Biobug friends started coming around. Skip ahead to Friday night after the game. I came home and put the kids to bed. I go downstairs to throw something away, open up the trash compacter and there sits a mouse. I SCREAM, slam the door. The kids all come flying down the stairs, I tell them there is a mouse and they all run about half way back up the stairs and stand there lined up, waiting to see what mom will do next. What am I going to do? I briefly thought about calling Mitch's parents since I had just dropped his mom off after the game, and we had just talked about me thinking I saw a mouse. No, what good is that going to do me. Man up, buck up Hannah you can do this. So, I decide I'm going to try and close the bag and take it outside, who cares if it gets out outside right? I get two corners tied and lift the bag to tie it off and the mouse climbs up the bag and squeezes on out! I SCREAM again. The mouse runs around the island in the kitchen and must have went in the under the counter vacuum. Sam nicely asks me not to scream anymore. The kids go back to bed, this time with buddies. Sydney with Sam, Lucy with Will. Lucy says, "there is animals in the house". Uh oh, this time there really are animals in the house. No talking her out of this one. I decide I'm not going to open the trash again, but set out a mouse trap in front of it. When Mitch came home he took out the bag, we put in a new one with a mouse trap and a piece of cheese. Guess what was in the trap Saturday morning? The kids stayed the night with Grandpa and Grandma Saturday because Mitch and I went to the Husky game. Sydney wants to go back...no "mices" there. Sunday morning we woke up to another trapped mouse. Last night I heard rustling in there again but we didn't see anything. This morning I heard it again when I got up to go to boot camp. I told Mitch when I got home and then went upstairs. I came back down to Mitch walking out to the garage with tools in hand. "What's going on?" "What did you just do?" I ask. "Well, I got one", he says. "In the trap?", I ask. "Nope." Things are getting a little violent around here folks. Not gonna tell the little ones about that one. I made a call to my Biobug friends first thing this morning. "Sounds like your boxes might be out of bait." Sounds like, could you please come remedy that for me? Soon? I even told them my attempt at bravery, they just laughed at me. "It's that time of year and they're heavy this year." My attempt at getting them to feel sorry for me and come today didn't work, they can't come today, but first thing tomorrow morning. I guess this doesn't qualify as an emergency in there book. One more night. It could be worse. Never a dull moment. Yucky...yucky...yucky!
Edited to add: For all you smart Alec's out there...the trash compacter isn't compacting at the moment, out of commission, not working or yes I would have turned it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Um, it's a trash compactor. Couldn't you just press the start button?
ReplyDeleteBTW, out of nowhere on Saturday Lucy told me "there's no puppies on mommy's floor."
Adam, We could if it worked! But, due to mice setting up a cozy little nest in there when we first moved in it doesn't work. Mitch thought he had it fixed, worked for awhile and then it quit again. We haven't fixed it again because we decided we really didn't miss it all that much and it's been pushed aside for now...you think you're so smart don't ya??!!!
ReplyDelete