Friday, June 11, 2010

Grace Day

Today at our house it is Grace Day. Being the first official full day of summer vacation I told the kids they were off the hook from all chores and they could do what they want (within reason of course) all day. Enjoy it boys because come Monday it's chore time! Oh do I have a list...
I am spending this dreary day (although I think I finally see the sun trying to peek through) getting caught up on laundry and tackling the mountains of papers and school supplies that came home yesterday. What to keep and what to toss? Where to begin?! It's best if I do most of this on my own or the boys will insist on keeping it all!
So what have the boys chosen to do with their Grace Day?

Not a whole lot as of yet (this was at 10 this morning)!

It is now almost 2:30 and Sam is till in his P.J.s. Eli and Emmy are here and they have all built a fort, played Wii, and I saw Batman, Spidy, and a couple ballerinas run through a bit ago. Will has gotten dressed and ventured outside but other than breakfast and lunch Sam hasn't surfaced from the basement. He's taking complete advantage of his Grace Day.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Hannah! Every kid deserves a "grace day" after a school year comes to a close! You're a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete