Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Such A Mom

A phrase I have heard a few times lately is "you are such a mom". Those who have uttered these words shall remain nameless....but you know who you are. (It is not my children.) This has come up for instance when I am playing a video game. Apparently, I play like a mom. What is that supposed to mean? I think it means I am funny to watch and look silly. Will asked me the other night if I was going to do Wii Fit after they went to bed. Sam's response was "oh please", and he rolled his eyes! He rolled his eyes at me! Also, I have a bad habit of walking in front of the TV while a game is being played. Such a mom move. Excuse me. When exactly you cross that line into being "such a mom" I do not exactly know. But I do know that I am there. I find myself saying the exact same thing my mom said to us every morning when we went out for the bus. "Have fun, be good, work hard!" And I have actually said "everyday is kids day"and "because I said so". Well the list goes on and on...but I've decided to embrace being "such a mom". I will take it as a compliment. Just let me know if I start wearing "mom jeans" or "mom shorts". You know what I mean. I don't think I want to go there. Who knows maybe I've crossed that line and don't even know it. Although, I have a feeling around here I will be told.
I AM SUCH A MOM!

1 comment:

  1. Absent-mindedly walking in front of the TV is such a mom thing to do.

    ReplyDelete