Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Want My Mommy

(I know pitiful, but that's where I'm at...)

I am sick. I can't remember ever being this sick. Fever, chills, aches, cough, sounds like pesky "flu-like symptoms" to me. Right now, at this moment I call bogus on those flu vaccines that were supposed to keep me flu free. Not working! Anyway, I've been sick since Sunday night and when mama isn't well the whole family suffers. I feel so bad for my family, I've been pretty worthless. I must say I do have a wonderfully helpful husband who has been bringing home dinner, making dinner, coming home early, getting the boys ready for school, dishes.... It was a blessing to have the boys home from school Monday, they were such big helpers. Will brought me ice water and crackers and kept blowing me kisses all day. Sam was a huge help with his sisters! Sydney kept bringing me cough drops and the Tylenol bottle. What would I do without these amazing people? But I think everyone is sick. of. it! We are all getting just a bit testy! I thought I was feeling a little better this morning, but I am dragging now and the fever is higher again. My brother Noah picked Sydney up for school today and he brought me a movie to watch, isn't he sweet? He thought I could watch it while Lucy naps. So, I think I'll do just that. Poor Lucy stood on the porch watching Sydney leave. She just really wanted to go too, she wants out! Cabin fever! We haven't left the house all week and I'm not much fun for the poor girl. I am just really hoping nobody else gets sick...Oh and Sydney had Disney Day at school. I got that figured out finally this morning, I almost sent the poor girl in her PJs thinking it was Jammy day. That wouldn't have gone over well. So she left with her pink princess dress and Ariel doll in her pink dress. She is Ariel, as a "human" of course, "no tail". She was even singing like Ariel as she waited to get picked up "ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh". I didn't get a picture. Maybe I'll try when she gets home and post it later. Although by then she will be a pretty disheveled princess I'm sure.
Can you tell I've been isolated and lacking in interaction this week?

1 comment:

  1. Max had it too. Fever kept coming back. I took him to the dr. and it was viral and no cure but rest and water.
    Finally we can say he hasn't had a fever for 24 hours. He still had to take exams...

    Get Well Soon!

    ReplyDelete