Friday, September 7, 2012

The Littlest Ballerina

Lucy had her first ballet class yesterday.  She has been asking to take ballet for awhile, so I finally got her signed up.  She is taking it with her cousin Emmy, which makes it that much more fun.  We are giving the Jansen Art Center a try.  It's gorgeous.  The dance studios are beautiful.  Lucy took one look inside and her eyes got huge and her mouth dropped.  The wall of mirrors. The ballet bars.  It looks so professional and big time.  When the girls were lined up waiting to go in the instructor said to them, "now when you girls enter this room, you become ballerinas".  The girls were beaming.  And then they entered and they couldn't stop looking at themselves in that wall of mirrors.  We were cracking up watching them, they just can't help themselves.  When Lucy got home I asked her if she liked ballet, she said, "I LOVE it!".  She then began showing Sam everything she learned.  She has to wait until next Thursday for her next class, she was hoping to go back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment