That one there would be Bugsy. He is the biggest of the bunch. His eyes opened first and they are big and wide. Sydney started calling him Bugsy. I say "he". I'm pretty sure I have it figured out, 6 boys and 2 girls. For those of you who will be taking one of these babies home here is the disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your boy turning out to be a girl or vice versa.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Guess how many? Kittens that is...
The kittens arrived 12 days ago already. I am hopelessly behind these days. Anyway, we have, are you ready for it? 8 (yep, you read that right) kittens. We thought for sure they would be born by Easter, but that didn't happen. We had to wait a few more days. There are 4 orange and 4 grey/dark/mix. Nala ended up having her kittens in her cat house that Will and Papa made. When I left for work that Wednesday afternoon I counted 5. I thought she was done because she was walking around when we were leaving. It was chaos! Will walked out the door to find Nala by the door and well she was really quite a mess. He freaked. I'm pretty sure he thought she was dying. Sam asked if I thought she was abandoning the kittens and if we should be worried. This sent Sydney into all out tears of worry. But, we had to go, I had to be at work by 4:30. I dropped everyone off at Grandma's, all trying to tell Grandma about the kittens at once. I came home from work and Mitch says, "5 huh?" I had talked to him before leaving. He continues, "I'm counting at least 7 or 8." It was hard to see in the cat house, but I know there weren't that many when I left! Nala's a good mama though and they all seem to be doing okay. Here are a couple of the first pictures I took. They've grown so much already. They are awfully cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Haha!! I have been waiting to hear!!! What is up with these kittens having 8 kittens! (that is how many ours had too!) Well if you can GUARANTEE we get a boy and you need to get rid of a boy... we will take one :)
ReplyDelete