Thursday, March 22, 2012
How The Cat Got Me In Trouble- A True Story
I had mentioned before that Nala, the kitty, is going to have kittens, and I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E. You see Mitch kept telling me to get her in to the vet to be spayed. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet. You see there are so many other things that fill up my days. Besides she's just a little kitty right? Not even a year old. I know Tara, you warned me too! You see Tara had the same thing happen to her. But, I still kept putting it off. Then, a couple days before we left for vacation Nala went missing for a couple days. Uh oh! The kids were so worried, thinking something ran off with her, or she got hit by a car...turns out she met Tom. She came home, we left for vacation, the kids started seeing Tom, a big ol' strappin' grey tabby, hanging around. We came home from vacation and Sam was certain she was with kittens. "Oh, come on mom, you know she is". (He's a fifth grader, they've been having their choices unit and all.) I continued to live in denial. Mitch insisted I take her to the vet and if she wasn't expecting kitties to get her spayed. I did. The vet and his assistant laughed. It was pretty obvious she'll be having herself some babies. Then he offered to spay her anyway. I looked at them horrified. Yes, he was suggesting what I thought he was suggesting. The vet said, "Well do you want kitties?" I responded, "Well, I wasn't planning on it, but it's too late now." I got myself into this, I'll have to deal with the consequences. At this point they're looking at me like I'm a bit crazy. And that is the story of how the cat got me in trouble. Not a lot of trouble, but definitely a little. Anyway, it looks like around the first week of April, just in time for Easter, we will have ourselves some kittens. Apparently, they can get pregnant again while still nursing their litter. Hmmm...that sounds vaguely familiar. It looks like Nala will be under garage arrest until the kittens are weaned and she can get spayed. Sorry Tom. Surprisingly, depending on how many she has, I think we have homes for most of them. Oh, and the kids think we're keeping one too. We just like to keep things interesting. This morning we heard Nala meowing loudly by the door. Will shouts, "She's giving birth!" Everybody jumps up from breakfast and runs to the door. Nope, she was just hungry. Oh boy, will this be an adventure. We'll let you know when they arrive...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment