Friday, March 9, 2012

The Cliffhanger


I've been informed that I left everyone hanging on how things went with breaking the news to Sydney.  I know I've been horrible at keeping up these days, but you'll have to forgive me.  I just don't know where my days seem to go.  Anyway,  Sydney is a sensitive, yet very strong little girl.  She came off the bus so happy and that quickly turned to disbelief, then tears.  She cried for a good hour.  She kept saying things like "but she was the softest bunny in the whole world" and "I didn't even get to say goodbye".  Then she started trying to think if there was anything she could have done that would have caused it to happen.  She had a few more tears at dinner and didn't eat much.  Then she pulled herself together and wanted to help daddy bury Ladybug girl.  So, the two of them buried her and wrote on a rock and put it on top of where they buried her.  She spent a couple days asking for a new bunny.  Now she has moved on, she still would like a bunny, but would be happy keeping one of the kittens, that our cat is going to have around Easter (Oh, yes it's true and I'm in trouble).  Sydney is a wise little soul.  She handled it all very well.
In other news:
-As noted above, the cat is going to have kittens and it's all my fault, well not all, but mostly (more on that later).
-Rats, actual live lab rats, white with red eyes and all, will be coming to stay for the weekend. Ewwww....ewwww...ewww....can't quite believe I agreed to this one.  If they get out of the cage I will not be a happy mama.  They are to be kept out of sight and out of mind. 
Finally, one of my favorite moments from the week...
-Me saying to Lucy "Oh Lulu, whatever am I going to do when you go to school everyday and I'm all alone?"  Lucy responding "Mom, you're never alone, God is always with you, everywhere, every time."  She has reminded me that I am never alone several times throughout the week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...I was wondering how Sydney did with the bad news. Sounds like she's a trooper, but isn't it hard to see your child experience this kind of loss? A growing up moment...
    I think I could use a Lucy to remind me that God is always with me...How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the bunny... But I told you so on the kittens! Haha... Maybe if there is a cute male we will take one, Gannon is asking for another cat or dog for his birthday April 10 ! It was probably Gods timing for your cat to have kittens to give Sidney something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete