
I love waking up to the fresh fallen, undisturbed, perfect looking snow. The branches are piled high, no footprints, still clean and white. It's so peaceful and beautiful.



Then the wind started to blow and the temperature dropped to a frigid 8 degrees. Things started to get a little crazy around here. The kids no longer go out to play. The animals moved in. The dog and cat shared the garage. I think they have a new found appreciation of each other. The bunny ended up in the basement in the mega block bin. Four kids, a dog, cat and bunny...things did not get boring and dull over here. Mitch took the explorer to work so we were officially snowed in. Once the wind started blowing the drifts on our road got big. Even though the tractors were coming through and plowing frequently the drifts just kept coming back. Several cars got stuck. Oh and did I mention the bathtub and toilet pipes in our bedroom froze. It was all an adventure. My mom would call just to find out the latest happenings at our house. By the end of the week I was more than ready to kick the animals outside. I think Anya thought I seriously had lost it when I called her singing the cabin fever song from The Muppet Treasure Island Movie. "I got cabin fever!" "I've got it toooooooooo!" I just kept singing the song over and over in my head and had to share it with someone. Overall though we can't complain we had a good week, an exciting week, enjoyed all being home together and played lots of games. Hey we asked for it and we got it.

Sky clear and blue above but snow is falling and blowing.

One of many stuck in the drift vehicles. Mitch went to check it out-he was out anyway checking bird block covers on the northeast corner of the house because of the frozen pipes. Which by the way thawed and seem to be intact and working just fine. Phew! Dean pulled this guy out. One of many he rescued over the course of a couple days I think. Mitch came in and we just started turning out the lights and I said "you're not going to believe this but another truck is stuck". We stood in the kitchen and watched for 5-10 min.- they were able to get themselves out. We went to bed.
The bunny in her make-shift home. At night we would put the bin in the bathtub and close the bathroom door, just in case she got out.

Haha yep just like noahs ark! What an adventure! Too bad we don't live closer we could have got all 8 kids together, and all who knows how many animals! Cute pictures!
ReplyDelete