Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Padilla Bay


 5th graders
 Sam's 5th grade class


In September I went with the 5th graders to Padilla Bay.  Sam really wanted me to go.  I figured I better jump on it while he still wants his momma around.  Not to mention this was right up my alley.  Afterall, I was quite sure I wanted to be a marine biologist all through high school.  How that turned into nursing is entirely for another day.  But this got me excited about the ocean and all its inhabitants again.  The groups were instructed to find as many things on a list as possible and then they took them back up to the learning center to look at them under microscopes.  The 5th graders were so good and so smart.  They really learned a lot.  I'm so glad I went along!  Thanks Sam for inviting me to join you!

 
 A barnacle under a microscope-amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment