Thursday, June 2, 2011

June Photo Challenge

The Lady in the Stone House has inspired me to join her in the June Photo challenge...



It will be a fun way to play around with my camera and might get me motivated to catch up on my blogging too. Here goes nothin'.

June 1-Self Portrait
The self portrait was HARD. It doesn't help that I don't like 99% of pictures of myself. I tried looking in the mirror, setting the timer, you name it...delete, delete, delete.

Lucy walked in on me attempting to take a self portrait and she said, "I take your picture for you". I suppose that doesn't really count as a self portrait but oh well. Keep in mind she is 3 and very close to the floor. I had to stoop down to her level. We had a good laugh anyway. Phew, glad that one is out of the way.


June 2-Your favorite shoes
I am not lying when I tell you that I am in desperate need of new shoes. I haven't bought shoes in ages! So, I do not really have a current fave. I had to pull out these oldies. They must be my favorite since they're 16 years old and still around! I just can't quite part with them.

My One Star Converse sandals. They are old, ragged, tattered, worn and dirty. I only wear them around the yard these days. Oh, I LOVED these shoes. Our moms will recognize and appreciate these. Mitch gave them to me for my 16th birthday. Along with a whale watching day trip and a stuffed whale. He spoiled me! These shoes were even stolen from my bag in the LC high school girl's bathroom. I was devastated. I then spotted them on the feet of someone else at a LHS dance. I new they were mine by the way they were worn, oh they were definitely mine! You see the right foot was more fuzzy than the left. Thanks to a nice young gentleman who helped me approach the thief I got my shoes back! I've had them ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment