Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I started Mother's Day by getting up early to bring my dad to the airport. Then it was off to church. After church we packed a picnic and went to Hovander Park with Mitch's parents and brothers.

The boys played some baseball, football and track ball.

Lucy couldn't tear herself away from the peanuts. Uncle Toby thinks she ate about 5 pounds...

Lots of relaxing in the sunshine...that's what us moms did most of the time...it felt so good.

Our boys

We even walked the boardwalk at tenant lake. I held Lucy's hand so tight that when I looked down her fingers were blue! I kept envisioning her in the swampy water. We also discovered there is no fear of heights for this girl as she tries to climb up the railings in the towers to see better.

She decided to sit on the bench at the top of the tower and watch the water.

The boys told Sydney that little shack across the water was Shrek's house. She's pretty sure that is where Shrek and Fiona live now.
What is wrong with these pictures??
Where are the moms? After all we were celebrating Mother's Day...we all know who takes the pictures around here.
After we got home I went and visited my mom (all by myself)...we relaxed and ate nachos and Boston cream pie (needed that like a hole in the head). Overall a wonderful Mother's Day. We are so blessed with our Mothers and I am so blessed to be a Mother to these amazing four! Blessings from above!

*Totally unrelated: Today the boys came home from school pumped! Both of their classes had to run a mile in P.E today, on the high school track. Will came in numero uno for his class! Sam came in 3rd for his class! And get this: they both had the exact same time! 7:56! What are the chances! They sure were both glad they decided to wear shorts to school today. Way to go guys!

*I got the back yard weeded today (mostly anyway). That is my major accomplishment of the day. It was a job, believe me. It looks so good I feel like we need to have a party or something while it still looks so nice...the girls played and played. Sydney spent so much time petting, talking, and singing to her bunny today. She even happily scooped the poop, it was her idea! I wonder how long this will last!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, Lucy didn't try to climb up the bars in the tower, she tried to climb over them. Definitely no fear of heights.

    ReplyDelete