Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Field of Ice

Since tomorrow is the first official day of Spring (even if it doesn't feel like it) I thought I'd say farewell to winter with some wintry photos.  On a cold but sunny Sunday in January the kids couldn't resist checking out the "field of ice".  The irrigation in the field across from us had left a sparkling field of glass. It was chilly, but absolutely gorgeous.  It's on days like this that you realize just how stunning and beautiful the mountains around us are.


 The Canadian Mountains to the north of us.

 An ice "F"



 The snowy hills behind our house. 
Mt. Baker is just to the right of this picture.  From our house we can only see the very tip. The view is mostly blocked by the hills.  The hills are gorgeous on these sunny clear days.  I really do love where we live. I just need a little reminder of this when the skies are grey and it just doesn't feel quite like Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment